Serie A club Cagliari revealed Wednesday that three players have tested positive for coronavirus, just a month out from the start of the new Italian season.
The players were named as Filip Bradaric, Luca Ceppitelli and Alberto Cerri.
A Cagliari statement said all three are in quarantine as are two other players who have been in “close contact”.
The Sardinian club are due to resume pre-season training on Thursday.
Cagliari had already announced at the beginning of the week that another of their players, striker Kiril Despodov, had also tested positive and was self-isolating in his native Bulgaria. He is asymptomatic.
Meanwhile, Roma reserve goalkeeper Antonio Mirante also announced on Wednesday that he was positive for coronavirus.
“I’m fine, I have no symptoms,” he said in a video posted on his Instagram account.
The 2020-21 Serie A season is scheduled to start on September 19.