fbpx
Connect with us

Formula 1

Watch: Future Haas driver Mazepin apologises for ‘inappropriate’ video clip

Russian Nikita Mazepin, who will drive for Haas in Formula One next season, apologised Wednesday after a video surfaced of him making a seemingly unsollicited attempt to touch a woman’s breast.

Haas were quick to condemn the 23-second video clip, shot by a front-seat passenger in a moving car with Mazepin and the woman in the back seat. The clip was posted to Mazepin’s Instagram account.

“Haas F1 Team does not condone the behaviour of Nikita Mazepin in the video recently posted on his social media,” Haas said.

“Additionally, the very fact that the video was posted on social media is also abhorrent to Haas F1 Team. The matter is being dealt with internally and no further comment shall be made at this time.”

Mazepan apologised for his “recent actions both in terms of my own inappropriate behaviour and the fact that it was posted onto social media”.

“I am sorry for the offense I have rightly caused and the embarrassment I have brought to Haas F1 Team. I have to hold myself to a higher standard as a Formula 1 driver and I acknowledge I have let myself and many people down. I promise I will learn from this.”

Mazepin, the 21-year-old son of Russian billionaire Dmitry Mazepin, signed a “multi-year” deal with Haas last week after a successful season in Formula Two.

Future Haas driver Mazepin apologises for ‘inappropriate’ video clip

Russian Nikita Mazepin, who will drive for Haas in Formula One next season, apologised Wednesday after a video surfaced of him making a seemingly unsollicited attempt to touch a woman’s breast.

Haas were quick to condemn the 23-second video clip, shot by a front-seat passenger in a moving car with Mazepin and the woman in the back seat. The clip was posted to Mazepin’s Instagram account.

“Haas F1 Team does not condone the behaviour of Nikita Mazepin in the video recently posted on his social media,” Haas said.

“Additionally, the very fact that the video was posted on social media is also abhorrent to Haas F1 Team. The matter is being dealt with internally and no further comment shall be made at this time.”

Mazepan apologised for his “recent actions both in terms of my own inappropriate behaviour and the fact that it was posted onto social media”.

“I am sorry for the offense I have rightly caused and the embarrassment I have brought to Haas F1 Team. I have to hold myself to a higher standard as a Formula 1 driver and I acknowledge I have let myself and many people down. I promise I will learn from this.”

Mazepin, the 21-year-old son of Russian billionaire Dmitry Mazepin, signed a “multi-year” deal with Haas last week after a successful season in Formula Two.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement
Advertisement

More in Formula 1