fbpx
Connect with us

Motorsport

Rally legend Ogier to continue part-time with Toyota

Semi-retired former champion Sebastien Ogier is to continue his part-time participation in the World Rally Championship next season, his team Toyota announced on Friday. 

The eight-time world champion, who only took part in a handful of races in 2022, will race alongside Takamoto Katsuta, who takes over from the Hyundai-bound Esapekka Lappi.

In spite of racing in only six of the season’s 13 rallies, Ogier still finished sixth in the championship and chalked up a fine win, his 55th, at the Rally of Catalunya last month.

“I am very happy to continue my cooperation with Toyota Gazoo Racing in 2023 with a partial programme, similar to what I did this year,” the Frenchman said in a statement. 

“It’s something that I really appreciate because it gives me the chance to race for a top team and continue to follow my passion, while having a little more time with my family and to do different things,” he continued.

Earlier this year, Ogier, 38, said he had not ruled out a return to full-time rallying at some point in the future but that it required “full commitment”.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 × one =

Advertisement

World Cup News

Advertisement

More in Motorsport

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com