Mosta FC have lodged a protest against the result of last Sunday’s Premier League clash against Valletta, the Times of Malta can confirm.
The Blues were held to a goalless draw by the Citizens in a match that saw both teams finish the match with ten men following the dismissal of Mosta defender Jacob Akrong and Valletta forward Niltinho.
Niltinho is the subject of the protest lodged by Mosta as according to the Blues the player could have not signed for Valletta FC last January since he had already registered with two other clubs this season before moving to the Capital club, something that it is not permitted by FIFA Transfer Regulations.
Prior to his move to Valletta, Niltinho was on the books of Greek club Panachaiki after he was released by Brazilian club Nautico in the summer.
The Malta Football Association is expected to summon the Protest Board in the coming days to discuss Mosta’s complaint.
Should the MFA board accept Mosta’s arguments they will be awarded all three points from the match and continue to boost their charge for a top-three finish and European football next summer.
Until the time of writing, no date has been set by the Malta FA on when the protest will be heard.
World Cup News
Morocco says joining Spain-Portugal 2030 World Cup bid
King Mohammed VI of Morocco announced on Tuesday that his country had joined the...
Update: World Cup 2026 to feature 12 groups of four teams
The expanded 2026 men’s World Cup in North America will start with 12 groups...
Argentina goalie auctions World Cup gloves for $45K for cancer hospital
The gloves worn by Argentina goalkeeper Emiliano “Dibu” Martinez in the nail-biting penalty shootout...
Football/ 2 months ago
Messi says World Cup trophy ‘called out’ to him
Lionel Messi won the World Cup because the sparkling solid gold trophy picked him...