Balzan FC announced their second signing of the close season when they announced they reached a deal to bring in Brazilian defender Andre Prates.
The Reds are looking to strengthen their squad ahead of their return to European football and on Monday they had already confirmed that they had secured the services of Malta international midfielder Triston Caruana.
On Tuesday, Balzan FC announced a defensive addition with the capture of Andre Prates.
“Balzan F.C. is pleased to announce the signing of 29-year-old Brazilian central defender Andre Fausto Prates Rodriguez Junior,” the Premier League side said in a statement.
“Andre arrived in Malta in season 2020/2021 and has since played over 70 Premier League games in the last three seasons establishing himself as one of Malta’s most consistent and uncompromising left-footed central defenders.
“Balzan F.C.’s scouting department continues to work hard looking to recruit players for its squad in preparation for its upcoming Europa Conference League games which are scheduled to start in mid-July.”
Prates arrived in Malta in 2020 when he joined Santa Lucia FC with whom he stayed at the club for two seasons.
Last summer, the Brazilian defender left the Saints to join Gudja United.
Prates was a regular member of Gudja United’s starting XI, making 11 appearances and scoring two goals.
World Cup News
Football/ 3 weeks ago
World Cup 2026 teams to be based in ‘clusters’: Infantino
Teams at the expanded 2026 World Cup in the United States, Canada and Mexico...
Football/ 1 month ago
Qatar spends big to beat post-World Cup blues
Months after hundreds of thousands of football fans packed into its hotels and stadiums,...
Football/ 2 months ago
US, Mexico to jointly bid for 2027 Women’s World Cup
The United States and Mexico will bid to co-host the 2027 Women’s World Cup,...
Football/ 3 months ago
Morocco says joining Spain-Portugal 2030 World Cup bid
King Mohammed VI of Morocco announced on Tuesday that his country had joined the...