Fyodor Zammit confirmed reports that he is set to lose his spot on the FIFA Panel as from 2021 but denied claims that the reason behind this decision was due to poor performances during international appointments in the last year or so.
Reports on Wednesday said that Zammit was set to be omitted from the list of Maltese referees on the FIFA panel for the first time after five years. Other sections of the media attributed the decision taken by the world governing body to poor ratings received by Zammit in the last 12 months.
However, Zammit categorically denied these claims and said that he was ready to publish the UEFA Referee Observers reports of the last two years to prove that he always received a high rating.
“While I can confirm that I was informed that I will be removed from the FIFA Panel, I categorically deny the reports that appeared in a section of the media that I poor displays or received negative reports during the last year,” Zammit said.
“I am ready to publish the reports of the UEFA Referee Observers of the last two years, during which I have controlled seven international competitive matches and, in every game, I received a high rating.”
Zammit is currently in Vienna where on Thursday he will act as fourth official in an all-Maltese referee line-up for UEFA Europa League clash between Rapid Vienna and Dundalk, of Ireland.
“This is a big blow for me,” Zammit continued.
“Tomorrow, I have a UEFA Europa League assignment but once I will return home I will sit down with my family and discuss with them my future as referee.”