The Malta Motorsport Federation issued a statement to show its gratitude after the motor racing track project moved another step closer at the Ħal Far Industrial Area on Monday morning.
Last year, Prime Minister Robert Abela announced that the government was set to build the long-awaited racetrack in Ħal Far.
The €20 million project would be built around similar, existing facilities in Ħal Far and would not take up any ODZ (Outside Development Zone) land.
He said the track has been designed by German professionals and will be built away from residential areas in Birzebbuġa.
It will be funded through the sale of Maltese passports to wealthy investors, with the money required to be build it being provided by the National Development and Social Fund.
Since the announcement, the government was trying to relocate a number of companies in the area and pave the way for the start of the project.
“Earlier today, the Minister for the Economy and Industry, Silvio Schembri, announced an official agreement for the relocation with the two last companies still operating from the area now earmarked for the construction of the race track finalised,”
“These agreements were sealed this morning between representatives of Attrans Limited and White Bros Limited with architect Joseph Attard from Indis Malta Ltd in the presence of Minister Silvio Schembri.”
Jonathan Bruno, General Secretary of the Malta Motorsport Federation, highlighted the importance of Monday’s development.
“The piece of land for the track is made from different pockets, some not immediately available. However, following some relocations some weeks ago and the last two finalised today, now all the land is available,” the MMF said in its statement.